Have I had any success after a Forex Trading course? It depends on what you mean by success.
If you mean that after a Forex course I have made millions, I have never achieved any success.
If you mean that after a Forex course I have learnt something useful to get myself ready to make millions, yes, I succeeded.
I don’t mean to defend the category of instructors/teachers, but I can share the reasons why I decided to launch my course about Forex (and why I’m launching my second one).
I have spent more than 10 years studying Forex, and by studying I mean reading books, attending courses, sharing opinion on forums, reading top traders’ blogs etc.
Of course, I still buy books (and also read :P), attend courses, write on Forums and read blogs.
My insane hunger for knowledge about Forex, my passion for it and my determination to achieve success have turned me in what I call a “real” Forex trader.
I believe education is life changing and, even though I admit that I also teach because it is just another business for me, I also do it because I truly want to help people.
I started a bit more than 10 years ago with €500 and after a couple of months… well, I had no money, I completely destroyed my account, wasting my money 🙂
But what happened? I was studying on babypips, that is considered a very good school, I also attended a Forex course, paying €99 for it, are they teaching you things that can’t help you to make money? No, it’s not the reason!
The reason is that if you start playing tennis, you can also have a week of training with Roger Federer, but this doesn’t make you a top player. He can teach you all the secrets, but you will still be a beginner, and you know why? Because you need 2 other elements to apply what you learnt and be successful: time and experience.
What brings me to say this is not my background as Forex instructor, but my background as chess instructor. I used to be a professional chess player and had many players asking me for private lessons. I could teach them all my openings, all my tricks and all my secrets, but all of this doesn’t make them chess champions. You need to have a deep understanding of the game and this is a process that doesn’t take one week, it takes years and years.
I don’t know why but people think that Forex trading is a magic way to get easy money with a minimal effort. Forex trading is a serious business!
If you want to become a doctor, you need to study and practice, if you want to become a pianist, you need to study and practice, if you want to become a stylist, you need to study and practice… guess what you need to do to become a Forex trader?! I’m going to write it down for you 🙂
There’s no magic formula that you can learn in a course to achieve success and start to make money, but there’s a lot that you can learn in a course that you can start to apply, ideally using a demo account, to understand how it works and how you can develop your own ideas to make money.
I want to challenge you with these steps:
- Try to save money to open a real account
- Choose a reliable broker (I suggest OANDA to my students)
- Open the heikin ashi indicator on your MetaTrader
- Set a simple moving average of 24 periods
You will have something like this.
- Set a monthly time frame
- When the bar crosses down the moving average, open a short position risking 1% of your account, aiming for at least 5%; when the bar crosses up the moving average, open a long position with the same risk management
- If the scenario changes, close your position whether is with a loss or a profit
After getting $10 from this simple system, invest this profit to take my first course, here is the coupon to take it for $10:
It doesn’t give you a system to become millionaire, but it gives you a starter pack to begin your journey.
After getting other $10, sign up for my second course. This one is giving you a deep understanding of the Forex market and you will be able to trade and to know exactly what you are doing. I’m sure that after several months of practice, you will start to make money.
I’m still preparing this course, so I can’t give you any link right now, but I’ll make sure to update this answer to give you a link with the discount.
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do”
Just other 3 things I want to mention:
- If you want to try the haikin ashi indicator on lower time frames, try the weekly. Lower time frames require a very deep knowledge of the indicator and the market, you will need the help of an expert to understand what you’re doing.
- If my 3 steps won’t work, you have 30 days to get a full refund from the courses. Even after 30 days, just come to me and say “Federico, you are such a scam, it didn’t work, I want my money back”. I’m sure it will never happen if you really want to commit yourself to become a successful trader.
Good luck 😉
Disclaimer: this is not a financial advice, trading Forex has risks and you can lose your capital.